Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Grumpy Mom-Happy Mom-Grumpy Mom.

I have been having some problems with my back, hip & butt area and also my leg.
I did two rounds of prescriptions from the doc to try to feel better but the medicine did not knock out the pain. So my doctor suggested Physical Therapy. I really wanted to get rid of the pain and the feeling like my leg was just dead weight that I was lugging around. So I said yes. Now, I am not in good shape at all so going there twice a week is really quite hard. My legs just do not bend the way Mr. PT Guy wants them too ;)

The first few sessions really kicked my butt. I was starting to feel better which was a really great thing. You know not a 100% back to normal but feeling like I could move again with the pain, like I could go from a sitting to a standing position without a shooting pain running down my leg.

So the other day Grumpy Mom left the building and Happy Mom finally came back in. Zack was very excited to have Happy Mom back. He did lots of hugging on her and playing with her. He even took her out on a date (of course she had to pay because he claimed not to have any money with him).

Happy Mom was playing all the things she has not been able to in a while. Happy Mom was back down on the floor playing with Zack and his toys. Zack was a very happy boy.
Happy Mom and Zack decided to play with his little spinner top on the kitchen floor. Well trying to show a 3 year old how to hold a little spinner and pull the cord at the same time is a job. He just doesn't have the coordination down yet but he is working on it.
At one point the top left his hands and shot out behind me on the floor. Much to far for me to reach without getting up so like any other slacker I told him to fetch it.

I should have turned to watch him get it. I should have known what was going to happen next. I should have seen it coming a mile away.

He was just so excited to have Happy Mom back he was bouncing all over the place. Yes I am sure you can guess that he chose to use my back as a trampoline!

Pain I tell you, pure Pain!

So Happy Mom has left the building and Grumpy Mom is back. Not want I wanted to have happen.


So Mr. PT Guy you darn well better work the magic and make me feel better when I finally get into seeing you today. I understand you are over worked right now because you have entirely to many patients but the heck with the rest of them I am the most important! :)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Back pain is the WORST! I hope you get to feeling better and happy mommy can return. Until then get some rest girl!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I am so sorry you are going through pain-that does make a grumpy mom, but I can understand why!