Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All clean

I never thought it would start this early in his young life but I was wrong.

After lunch I told the kids to go in and wash up. The same thing that happens everyday. Nothing was different, nothing was out of the ordinary.

If you have ever seen my child after he is done eating, you would know he is mostly covered in ketchup when he is done.

Zack ran to the bathroom to go wash up. He came back out and announced that he found a better way to clean up.

I stood there a second not really comprehending what he was saying and asked him to repeat himself.

"Mom, I found a better way to clean my hands"

At this point I was a bit scared to ask how because lets face it this is the kid that always has A PLAN.

I asked anyway.

"Mom all you gotta do is...
scrub you hands wif da towel"

"Zack did you use soap and water?"

"Nope I did not need um"

Who knew the dry washing would start so darn young? I kind of expected it to happen when he started school or something but not at 3 years old!

Now before you ask, he was not happy with me when I told him his plan was not a good one this time and made him go in and use soap and water.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That boy is hilarious. He is going to be in the gifted program. Seriously where does he come up with these things?

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Did you know that Ponzi's real name is Leah???

Don't tell anyone. . .

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh man, I thought you were going to say he used the toilet water. Seriously.

Leah said...

Kristin, he has a better sense of humor than I will ever have.

A mom on spin, I won't tell at all.

Tracey, I would just die if he did that.