Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Growing too fast.

Yesterday I had the daunting task of cleaning out all the old and too small clothes from Zacks dresser.
Fun? I think not. They are actually in a pile on the floor of his room right now because today I get to to through the closet.

I just amazes me how quickly he is growing. Aw heck I will say it. 'It scares the hell of out me'.
What size is this child of mine going to be in when he starts school? When he graduates? Are they even going to make tuxes big enough when he gets married?

He could not wear newborn clothes when he was born. By the time he was a year old he was in a 24month-2T. Last winter he was in a 4T. Right now (at this moment) he fits in a boys size 6 shirt and a boys size 5 pants! By winter time he will be in a boys 6 pants. The legs will be a little on the long side and I will have to do a small roll on them but the waist will fit fine.

Now before you go to thinking he is a little chunk I have to say he is not. He is not fat, or obese. He is solid! It kills me to try to pick him up. I try not to ever pick him up anymore but he is only 3 so there are times he still needs his mom.

He is rapidly outgrowing his toddler bed and I see a twin bed in his near future. He has outgrown his little bike so I see a bigger bike in the near future. He has outgrown his little turtle sandbox so daddy better get working on a bigger one.

I am expecting any day now to wake up, go upstairs to get him and see that he is taller than I am. Oh how I dread that day.

No comments: