Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Bill.

So two weeks ago I went to the ER for chest pains, racing heart and so on. After being there over night and all the following day they released me saying it was all stress induced. What am I stressed about? Money, just like many other Americans now a days.
I received a notice in the mail saying they were billing my insurance and whatever is not covered I would be responsible for. Kris says he thinks they just want me back there because I nearly had a coronary right then and there reading that paper. $7000 for over night? For what? To be sitting in a bed all day waiting patiently for a doctor to come in and tell me what is wrong? To be told there is nothing wrong when clearly there is. Now I understand the waking the patient up to take the vitals and all but to come into the room at 5:30 am to put fresh ice in my water cup and change the trash bag! That is the most expensive day away from the house I have ever had, next time I think I will just go to a SPA it is surely a lot cheaper and less frustrating.

No comments: