Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old.

This will be my last post of the year.
My last post of the decade actually.

I have decided that with the start of the New Year will bring some changes.

I am going to try to be even more frugal that I already am.
I am going to set limits for myself when it comes to spending. The first goal is to go 2 weeks without spending a dime and as that nears I will see if I can do it another week and so on.
I am going to cook and freeze some meals (hoping this will force us to eat out less than we do). Not sure though if I will freeze in individual serving portions or family style. Kris doesn't eat many meals at home with his work schedule being the way it is.

I have already started being a bit more thrifty, I turned the heat down in the house by 2 degrees. Granted that is not a lot but it is a start to cutting the bills down.

I am sure I will add more to the ways of being thrifty as this year goes on so if I find something that seems helpful I will be sure to post.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am right there with you. I am going to be even more frugal as well. Would love to share ideas with you. How are you going to do 2 weeks? Are you doing a big shopping trip and then sticking to what you have already bought for two weeks or are you living with what you already have for two weeks? Details please.