Thursday, December 10, 2009

Money means nothing

It is annoying when a 3 year old is looking through a toy catalog and you hear the I want this and this and this. He isn't understanding the concept of greed yet but I am working on it. I will probably be working on it until he is an adult but that is a whole other story.

Anyway he is going page by page in the catalog and when he finds something that really interests him not only does he want it he tells me how much it cost.
This morning he was browsing again when I heard "Mom, I really want this and it is only 49 and a half, nine nine cent." I will admit it took me a minute or two to figure out that meant $49.99.
He does not understand the value of money and I understand that it means nothing to him but darn the cost of these toys are amazing.

Now what I really want to know is what ever happened to cheap toys? Come on fifty dollars for a piece of plastic that is going to be broken in a few weeks?

What are we in for when the teenage years hit?

No comments: