Sunday, December 13, 2009

Go away Sickies

It has been a rough few days around here and it still continues.
Zack still has the 'sickies'.

I took him to the doctor on Friday and was told it is an upper respiratory infection. The doctor expected his fever to break that day, but it did not. Right now it appears the fever has finally broken but I am not holding my breath.

The coughing started on Friday morning and is wreaking havoc on him. At times it gets so bad he busts out crying because he spit up phlegm. The nose is stuffy and not really running. He doesn't like the medicine the doctor gave him but he is taking it as long as he knows he can have a taste of water afterward.

This morning he slept in until nearly ten. Amazing because he is normally up between six and seven. He woke up full of energy, no fever and generally back to himself. I will admit I was thinking great maybe except for some coughing we can get back to normal now.

Kris made him breakfast, he ate some but not all. I was okay with that and told him he could get down from the table. Not more than two minutes later he came over to me started coughing and got sick all over himself and me! Once he was cleaned it happened again.

Now he is resting comfortably on the couch with the TV tuned to Disney channel.

I really hope this is over soon, I don't know how much more I can take.

I did ask him when I was cleaning him up why he always feels the need to get sick on me? How come daddy never gets hit? I did not receive an answer.

No comments: