Monday, September 26, 2011

The cheese cracker thief.

Today I made Zack some homemade cheese crackers. I mixed it all up before he came home and I let the dough sit in the refrigerator while I went to go pick him up from the bus stop. I told him he had to wait a little while for his after school snack. I popped them in the oven and he kept coming over to check out the oven and see if they were done. When I pulled them out he immediately went to the table and sat there waiting. It was funny to watch him sit there even though I had told him they had to cool down before he could eat some.

I put some on a plate for him and he went to town eating them. I asked him how they were and he gave me a thumbs up, apparently he was to busy chowing down and did not want to stop eating. When he was finished he told me "Mom you have to let me take these for snack time in school tomorrow." I asked if they were good and he smiled and said "Mom they were awesome, you need to make these everyday!" The funny thing was I went into my room to get something done, a little while later I came out and my sneaky little man had been stealing some the whole time, half the bowl was gone!

I guess they are a big hit and I need to keep these in stock. The only problem is I think I am going to have to put them under lock and key if I expect them to last more than a few hours.

No comments: