Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hero's day.

Zack is super excited about going to school tomorrow. He has been talking about it for days now.

He learned about 9-11 in school the other day. He came home telling me all about some bad guys that crashed two planes in a place called the twin towers ("they are two towers that look like twins"). He told me about lots of people that died and some people that didn't. Then he went on to explain how his school is going to have some Hero's come to his school. I asked him if he knew what a Hero is and he said "yes, Hero's are fire men, police men, EMT and padmedics". For those of you who don't know what a padmedic is, they are also known as paramedics.

So tomorrow is the day his school is hosting local Hero's. He is excited to meet them. The school requested that everyone wear red, white, and blue. He actually came home from school today and told me he wanted to take my camera to school with him tomorrow so he can take pictures. While I think this is wonderful that he would want to do that there is no way on this earth that I am letting my 5 year old take my camera to school. Apparently he does not realize that thing is like another child of mine.

No comments: