Friday, July 31, 2009

Drop, crack, break

Okay, Okay I get it. I should stop eating or better yet switch to paper plates!

No more glass plates for me please.

I have had the same set of dishes for several years now. I like them. They are a clear glass with flowers designs molded on them.

A few weeks ago while getting a bowl out of the cabinet, I accidentally dropped it and it split into two pretty even pieces. Alright one bowl, I can live with that.

Last week while getting a small plate out for my sandwich, I accidentally dropped it on the counter and it broke into several pieces. Now I am thinking, okay I am down one bowl and one small plate, alright I can live with that.

Yesterday was the last straw. I decided to have a bowl of cereal so I reached into the cabinet for a bowl. Yeah I am sure you guessed what happened next.

Not only did it break but it broke into a million tiny pieces. You could not have even made out what it was even if you wanted to. It scattered into a large area of my kitchen floor and even made its way into the dining room, underneath the chair Zack was sitting it. Even after it had crashed for the next few minutes you could still hearing pieces cracking! It was odd to say the least.Yes there is still some pieces under the stove that I could not get so Kris has a job to do. Have fun pulling the stove out dear. :)

So now I think I will be on the lookout for unbreakable dishes.
Anyone know where I can buy a rubber set of dishes?

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Now you know why I have been eating off plastic for years.