Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And so it goes...

Yesterday, I told Zack there was a cup on the counter if he wanted it. He took it down, sat on the couch and started drinking it.
After a few minutes he yelled "Hey".
When I asked him what was wrong he gave me an odd look and said "Hey this is a sippy cup and sippy cups are for babies!"


And so the sippy cups are being put away.

This morning I told Zack to get into his chair so he could eat breakfast. He pulled out the chair and yelled "I can not sit in this booster seat it is for babies!"


And so the booster seat is now taken away from the table.

Later on we went to the grocery store. I really just wanted to hurry up and get in and out so I picked Zack up and plopped him in the seat of the cart. He said "Mom I want to walk." I told him not today because I needed to hurry up (Lord knows when he is walking you can not hurry because you are putting things back on the shelf that he has taken off). What do you think came next? Yup! you guessed it "Mommy I can not sit in this seat... It's for babies!"


And so I guess it is said I no longer have a baby in the house.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Doesn't that make you sad? Maybe it is just me but I don't like how fast they grow up. Sounds like you have an official big boy at your house!