Friday, November 13, 2009

Schooled

You Sir have been schooled! Schooled by a three year old. (Insert hilarious laughter here).

Zack is definitely a creature of habit. This is a good thing on so many levels. He likes things done the same way which quite frankly makes things easier for me. There is a down side though. The down side is you are doing the same thing over and over again. You play with the same toys over and over again, you eat at the same place over and over again, you read the same books over and over again.

Speaking of books, I have read the same book every night for the past week. I have read that same book in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I must admit I am a bit tired of it. Getting ready for bed I told Zack to pick another book because I was tired of reading that one. So he chose two books, that one and another. I tried hard to convince him to pick another book but but Mr. creature of habit would not budge. Rather than anyone get upset I told him I would read the new book and daddy would read the dreaded one. He was good with that.

I read the new book then it was daddies turn. First page down, all good. The second page daddy did not fair so well. Zack could probably recite that entire book without ever opening it so he knows when you miss a word or insert your another one. After getting through the second page and being corrected twice by a three year old Zack took the book away from Kris and gave it to me without saying a word.

Yes I did finish reading that book to him much to my dismay. I do have to say it was such a hilarious thing to see my son correcting his father who was trying to skip some words and inserting others.

Kris I think you better start paying attention and read the books word for word. That son of ours is smarter than the average bear and he will correct you every chance he can. I know you are not much of a reader but Zack is. Embrace it now because it is a fleeting thing, once he learns to read himself, he will no longer need or want us to be there reading to/with him.

No comments: