Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oh what a day.

This day is not going so well.

I knew it was going to be a long day because Zack was going to be up early, very early. I fell asleep late last night only to be woken up at 3 am from a child crying "Help, Help Me". It is hard to run upstairs when you aren't quite awake. Once I was in his room he said (and I quote) I am ready to get up."

'What the heck are you thinking waking me up at 3 am as if you are in pain or something is wrong? Are you flipping out of your mind child?' Although that is what I was thinking, I am pretty sure I just said no, it is the middle of the night and you need to go back to sleep.

Of course that response was met with a whining child begging to get up and watch a DVD. Apparently he just didn't get that mommy was not in a happy mood.

"Lay down and go to sleep Zack."

"But Mom. (I love the But Moms don't you?). I really need all my babies on my bed or I will be lonely."

How he knew they weren't all there is beyond me, it was dark in room.

I reached down, grabbed what I could feel, and tried to politely tell him not to wake me again.

Guess what time he did get up for good. A little after 5 am. Although Kris went to him that time I am exhausted and it is still morning.

For breakfast he wanted cereal. No problem that is simple. While he was eating I went to go start the laundry. Stupid mistake on my part.

I came back into the dining room to see the cereal from the box being poured into the bowl, on the table, on the chair all over the floor. That is so not what I wanted to deal with today. He was made to help me clean up the mess.

Having a nap myself would be nice today but I just don't see it happening.

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

I hope a nap is in your future. Or at least some rest tonight.
theprovidentwoman.com