Thursday, October 8, 2009

Yucky day.

It has been 9 days since this illness started and I am still not back to normal (whatever that is). I thought it would have gotten better by now but the coughing, achy, headache stuff just refuses to go away.

So I called the pediatrician the other day to inquire if they had received the flu shot in yet and was told "if he is on the list you don't need to call, we will call you when it comes". Alright, I get it. We wait.
Tuesday evening I received a message asking me to bring Zack in Thursday night at 6pm to get his flu shot, and I needed to call to confirm. Zack knows he is going tonight but he is not happy with me at all. I am definitely taking Kris because if Zack throws a tantrum there is no way I can lift him off the floor and carry him out.

When I told Zack he had to get his flu shot tonight he was all upset with me, so being the mom I am, I picked up the phone to call my doctors office and schedule a flu shot for me. The receptionist was rather rude. I was basically told they have one flu shot clinic left and it is full so I should just call one of the pharmacies and let them do it.

When I was there in July I was told by the nurse to call on October for the shot. So for once I followed directions and this is where it gets me! Go figure.

As much as I do not want to get a shot at a pharmacy I guess I will suck it up and go. I will make sure to take Zack with me so he can see he isn't the only one who has to get it.

No comments: