Thursday, March 1, 2012

Veggies and lies

He's a stinker.

Yesterday Zack wanted to buy lunch at school. I agreed but told him to make sure he took some vegetables and eat them. Last night I asked him what he had for lunch, and he told me a chicken fillet sandwich and milk and apple crisp. I asked if he took the vegetables. He said no, when asked why not the little stinker said "Mom by the time I got to the lunch counter there was no vegetables left and I couldn't get a salad because all they had was one piece of lettuce, I am serious Mom just one stinking piece of lettuce." I just shook my head. A few minutes later the guilt must have gotten to him because he told me "Mom I did not tell the truth, they had vegetables left but I just did not want to eat broccoli."

Lets see how today goes because he wanted to buy lunch in school again today. Heaven forbid he should miss out on eating a darn chicken nugget!

Thankfully he still gets the guilty conscience and fesses up. I know in a few years that will all change.

No comments: