Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Six years ago.

It is so hard to believe that six years ago today I went to the doctors to see if the baby was ever going to make his appearance. After all I was already more than a week late. The midwife did all the measuring and checking then she told me the baby was going to be between seven and seven and a half pounds, I remember thinking 'ok, I can handle that'. When she was finished one of the doctors came in and said "go home and pack your bags, go to the hospital they will be expecting you." I remember thinking "Finally, this baby is coming, I just want to be able to walk without waddling, I just want to be able to tie my shoes, I just want to be able to go without some part of my insides being punched or kicked by this kick boxer that is growing inside me".

Little did I know I would still have to wait to meet him. Little did I know I would have to deal with contractions two minutes apart for more hours than I care to to remember. Little did I know...

No comments: