Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wow, six years already.

Six years ago today after much delay I was finally able to meet my little man.

Zackary was born weighing in at 9 lbs 3 oz (way off the estimate I was told 2 days prior) and 22 1/4 inches long. I did not think he would ever arrive. Being in that bed and contracting every 2 minutes for days was awful. Just awful. My midwife had to pass me off to the doctor because this kiddo was way to comfy in there and did not want to make his way into the world. Think about it, who would want to come out, he had his own place, it was always the perfect temperature, and his meals were prepared and fed to him by someone else (life was good). I should have known right then and there what a stubborn, hard headed male he was going to be. Although the doctor wanted to evict him, I stood my ground and was determined he come into this cold cruel world the way God intended.

The first week of his life was a terrible time for him and I both. He should have never been released from the hospital when he was. He had to be readmitted the following day and then transferred to a larger hospital a day later. Not a pleasant experience for a mom to deal with but somehow we both managed to get through it.

I love this little man of mine more and more each day and I just can not imagine what my life would be without him.

"To the moon and back Zack."

I wish him the happiest birthday any six year old boy could ever have.

No comments: