Friday, August 26, 2011

He is kindergarten bound.


Well the big day came yesterday. My youngest is no longer a baby. Yes that is right, he started kindergarten... not that he really wanted to.

I woke him up to get ready for school. He did his normal morning routine which he hurried through because he wanted to watch some television before he had to go. We do have a rule in our house that you may watch some television only if you do everything to get ready first. This happened after he tried telling me his belly hurt. Poor kid I feel for you but you have to go to school.

We made sure to take some pictures, (you know for mommy when she is so old and senile and can not remember much of the past).
He had his fake smile on for the first few then the fake smiles diminished.

When we got out of the car, one of the little boys from his pre-k class pulled in right next to us. I think it helped Zack a lot seeing a familiar face. They walked into the school together. When we got to Zack's classroom he would not go in unless Kris or I went in first. I guess he was afraid we would just leave.

He did well in the classroom, learning where to put his things like his backpack and where the lunchboxes go and where to go to get his name tag. He sat at his desk which had crayons and a paper to color already on it. When I said goodbye he sort of choked up and quietly in my ear asked me not to leave. I told him I would be back in just a few hours to pick him up. His eyes looked like he would cry any minute so I quickly reminded him that he drew a picture for his teacher and it was still in his backpack. I helped him get it out and said goodbye to him and walked out. I will admit I wanted to cry but I held the tears in. Shortly after me, Kris walked out. When I looked back he was giving his teacher the picture so we walked out to the car.
It went so much better than I expected it would.

Now I will tell you when we walked into his classroom, I did a double take. His teacher had multiplied! Sure did, that woman cloned herself! There were two of them! She did introduce the clone as her sister who was there to help her out for the first day. I bet it shocked the kids...hey maybe that is why Zack did not cry?

Later when I picked Zack up, I parked across the street and walked over to the school (much easier than dealing with the long line of cars in the pick up line). When I got closer I had to laugh, all the car riders where sitting outside in front of the school waiting for their names to be called. I saw Zack sitting with three of his friends from pre-k. I thought it was a mini pre-k reunion. He told me about all the friends from pre-k that he saw during the day. He couldn't for the life of him remember any of the kids names from his class this year. He told me he was not happy because the teacher thought he did not know how to use the cafeteria. I had to explain to him that she was just making sure all the kids knew how to use it because not all the kids went to pre-k last year so some of them needed to learn. I asked him if he could forgive her for that, he said he thought so! lol. He was happy to tell me they went on the blue and yellow playground today and they went to P.E. which means gym class!

When we got home he told me all about Ms. T's helper this morning. "Mom she had the same color hair, the same eyes color, the same nose, she talked like Ms. T and she even had the same face and everything!"

He may have even mentioned once or thirty times how he did not cry not one tear! Needless to say he got his Chicken nuggets, fries and apple pie last night!

My not so happy little boy!


No comments: