Friday, January 28, 2011

Pajamas, a childs joy.

You would have thought my son won a million dollars by the way he was acting this morning. He woke up grinning from ear to ear, singing his own made up tunes and filled to the brim with happiness.

What made this child so happy? Well let me tell you.

It is Pajama Day at school today.

Yes pajama day, where any and all students and teachers can wear their pajamas to school for the entire day. A day where everyone can be in total comfort. A day where you can wear something you are not normally supposed to wear in a public place. A day you do not have to get out of your warm cozy pajamas to change into clothes that can be more confining.

If I heard the words 'it's pajama day' once this morning then I can guarantee you I heard them no less than 30 times.

When we walked into school we were waiting in the hallway for his teacher to get there, 6 out of 7 kids were in their pajamas. The one child bust into tears because he knew nothing about it. I felt so bad for him especially because all the others were talking about it being pajamas day and how awesome each of their pajamas are.

Isn't it funny how something so simple could bring such joy and pleasure to a little one? I think we all need to take lessons from our kids and learn to love the little things.

BTW anyone that knows my child knows he would live in his pajamas if we let him. There are many days when we having nothing planned and he begs to stay in his pajamas all day so I let him.

No comments: