Thursday, November 18, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference

I had my first parent teacher conference with Zacks teachers a few weeks ago. I swear he was just born and here I was attending a meeting with a teacher. How quickly time has flown by.

He is doing great in school, both the teacher and the assistant let me know Zack is the third teacher in class. He helps anyone that needs help. He knows the schedule and the routine so he is always reminding the teachers that it is time for ... centers, recess or whatever. He gets along with everyone for the most part. There are a few boys who like to play rough and they are getting on his nerves with their rough play everyday. They tell me once he has had enough of them, he walks away and goes to play something else but if he needs to he defends himself.

Since school started they have tested each of the children to see what they know in the form of letters, numbers, colors, shapes, sight words and they touched on writing their names. He tested higher than anyone else. He is exceeding their expectations.

Through out the year they plan on giving him more advanced homework then the others are getting. They are going to be doing more with words and recognizing the spellings of words. They want to challenge him a little but not so much that he gets frustrated.

I have to say I am so proud of him because he is doing so well. He has come a long way from the first few weeks of crying, screaming and kicking when being dropped off.

No comments: