Sunday, February 26, 2012

My date.

Over the weekend I went on a date. It has been so long since I have been on any date so when this little cutie asked I was all for it. He is funny, smart, fun loving and handsome. He has blond hair and blue eyes. (Who doesn't love a blond with blue eyes?) I was pretty sure he would be coming home with me after our date was over. He took charge of the date and made all the plans (I love a guy who knows what he wants). First we went to dinner at his favorite restaurant, Red Robin. Then after some nice conversation over a good meal of chicken strips and fries, we went off to a wonderland of toys. What is the old saying 'a boy and his toys'? We spent about an hour looking and touching every toy and video game in Target. Let me just say this guy have expensive taste. Then he wanted to continue our date over dessert so i took him home with me and we had a great conversation over brownies and milk. Does it get any better then brownies and milk for a night cap? I don't think so. He was not ready for the date to end so we spent the next hour playing Mario Kart on the Wii. He is very competitive and I could tell he plays this game as often as he can. He certainly would not cut me any slack, at one point he said "hey woman, would you concentrate." (hello, where did he hear that?) He beat me every race we had. He even went so far as to give me a few pointers, which I thought was such a nice thing to do. When I went to use one of his pointers, I found he was not telling the truth and he laughed hysterically saying he could not believe I fell for that! I kept thinking he would at least give me one race but no such luck. His competitiveness is just to high. At the end of the night he gave me a big kiss and told me it was the best date EVER! Then he fell asleep on me. I think I am in love.

Even though he wouldn't let me win any races, I still had an awesome date and I plan to do it again. My husband is going away again this weekend so I have already set up another date with this cutie. I really could get used to this dating thing since he makes it so easy.


By the way when asked where my little man heard that hey woman line, he responded with "In daddyville". Kris is of course denying this but I think his memory is failing him!

No comments: