Saturday, December 4, 2010

Two hours late.

Does it make me a bad mom that I let my four year old stay up last night two full hours after his bed time just so he could be awake when his father came home?

Does it make me a bad mom that I let my four year old stay up last night two full hours after his bed time just so he could bombard his father with pre-made snow balls when he got out of his car?

Does it make me a bad mom that I let my four year old stay up last night two full hours after his bed time just so he could have a good snow ball fight in the dark with his dad?

Does it make me a bad mom that I let my four year old stay up last night two full hours after his bed time just so I could hear him giggle with delight while many other kids in the neighborhood were sound asleep in their beds?

Does it make me a bad mom? According to my son, and I quote, "Mom you are the best Mom EVER."

So there you have it, my heart melted before the snow did.

*BTW I have learned here that the snow can be here on minute, once you turn around it has melted so I wanted to make sure he had his chance to get in a snowball fight with his daddy. You just never know if the snow will still be here in the morning.*Yes, he is in his pajamas and he does not have his boots on either. The original plan was to stay on the porch and throw the snowballs that we had already piled... it did not work out that way.

No comments: