Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of Vacation.

A few weeks ago we went on our vacation for a week to Ocean City, Md. with David, Lilly, Indigo and Kris' family. Upon arriving in the state of Maryland we hit rain. A lot of rain. It took forever to get over the bridge to the house. The streets were flooded.
When we arrived at the house, I did the typical traveler thing...ran in to go to the bathroom! When I came out Zack and some of his cousins were in the road running through the water which was just below his calves! So much for staying dry.
Once we unloaded the car we were all getting a bit hungry so we headed to the boardwalk to get something to eat. Dough Roller here we come! While there my careful, gentle little well behaved darling son knocked his cup over. All over the table, the chair, him, the floor and Kris.

We decided to let Zack play on the pirate ship for a while to get some energy out since he had been cooped up all day in a car. I don't know whose bright idea it was to go down by the water to check it out but that was the direction we went. I knew before we ever reached the water there was no way this kid of mine was going back to the house dry! Once he hit that water he owned it! No-one or nothing could get him out of it. The water was cold. His skin was like ice but he didn't care. He didn't want to leave. So we walked down the beach so he could continue to run at the waves. I don't know how we got him to go back the house but once there we had to give him a shower to warm him up.

He went to bed a bit later than normal but every morning we were there he was up by 6:30 am. Way to early for me. Don't kids know what vacation means? I need to work on this for next year.

I will post more with some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: