Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Is he really trying to kill me?

This child nearly gave me a heart attack!

I was in the laundry room working on that daunting task of climbing to the top of Mount Laundry when I heard a blood curdling scream come from the living room. Zack started screaming at the top of his lungs then screaming "Mom come here, come here quick." At least that is what I think he was saying. You can imagine how scary it is to hear your child scream like they are being attacked by a grizzly bear.

When I got to the living room some .02 seconds after the first scream he was still screaming for me to come here, come here quick. Once he saw me he screamed something completely inaudible to my now broken ear drums. I had to ask him to repeat it, which he did in the same high pitched, break a champagne glass pitch. I asked a second time to repeat it in a normal voice so I could understand him. All this time my heart is beating so hard I could swear it is going to just burst through my chest.

The poor kid was nearly hyperventilating! My guess is he could not talk properly because he grabbed the television remote and hit the reverse button (thank goodness for playback mode or I may never have been able to find out why my hearing was now ruined for the rest of my life). When he reversed it to a commercial, I seriously had a thought that I just may have to trade this kid in on a new model. A flipping commercial caused all this ruckus? A commercial for YOGURT caused me to almost have to call 9-1-1 because I was surely having a heart attack.

A commercial for yogurt that has STAR WARS characters on it caused my child to scream so freaking loud that my ear drums burst, and my heart would never beat normal again! I know he is becoming more and more of a Star Wars fan but it is just yogurt dang it!! Yogurt that after eating you would just throw those Star Wars characters away!

*I joke about nearly having a heart attack but I am still working on getting my hearing back and seriously people I heard a couple gray hairs pop out!

No comments: