Monday, October 17, 2011

I should have known.

Today Zack came up to me and said "Mom I saw a girl in Mrs. M's class, I know her but I don't remember who she is. She had on a yellow, orange and pink striped shirt. Who is she Mom?"
So I told him I had no idea who wears a yellow, orange and pink striped shirt and he came back with "But Mom you know her too."

I think I need to do some research and visit Mrs. M's class next time I am in the school.

Speaking of being in the school, I went in today to sign Zack out early since I had a doctors appointment and would not be home in time to get him off the bus. I went in and the secretary called down to his class asking his teacher to please release him and send him to the office. I took a seat and waited. I waited some more. I waited even more. The whole time I was thinking 'my gosh just how long does it take a kid to grab his backpack and jacket and walk to the office?' Finally I hear him coming down the hall. There he is holding hands with the assistant teacher from his Pre-K class last year. The little bugger decided to take a detour on his way to the office and he stopped into the pre-k classroom to chat with the teachers! When I asked him why he would do that when he knows I have a doctors appointment he responded with "well Mom, I never get to talk with them anymore so I just figured I could today since I got out of my class early." Sigh... the logic of a 5 year old.

1 comment:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

How sweet that he missed them!

FYI, I was freaking out for a minute when I looked at David's picture because he looks SO MUCH like my neighbor, David, who also has a little one. But his son is 18 months and I had to think about it before I was sure. ;)